My Monsoon Reveries
An antique I'd picked from the roadside trailer.
Brewed some hot coffee at the kitchen counter
To the slow beat, across the room I saunter.
Plop down on a cushion at the window sill
Feet snugly curled, a well mastered skill.
In reflection to my thoughts, clouds outside spill
Eager
pen, an empty book, a deadline to fulfil.
Pitter-patter in rhythm against the window pane
Lost in
thought, I drift down the memory lane,
Jumping in
the backyard puddles of the first rain
Driven back
right inside with Grandpa’s willow cane.
Flash forwards, some boring exam in the downpour
Distracted I daydream, a minute or about four
Tiny mewling,a drenched kitten shivering by the door
Test forgotten I rush out, guess what mattered more?
Furthermore, I’m stuck in a place clocking hours
A routine job, with huge workload towers
In the black pool of umbrellas,only one with red flowers
Amidst all the grumbling, enjoying the showers.
A draft of breeze, brings me back with pangs of hunger
The coffee’s gone cold, sure to gain Mom’s anger
Mouth-watering aroma in the air lingers
Mm.. Pakoras!! Poetry will have to wait until longer...

Comments
Post a Comment